Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@apache.org> on 2002/06/24 08:56:04 UTC

Fix for ra_local on Darwin, and unkillable processes?

Note that this commit to APR allows SVN on Darwin (aka OS X) to
not fatally complain about not having ra_local as a shared library.
If you still have problems, please drop me a line.

Also, has anyone seen SVN on Darwin enter an unkillable state (ps
lists its state as U, if that helps)?  If my network connection
times out while I'm updating my SVN repos, the entire SVN process
hangs and I can't kill it with anything ('kill -9' is impotent).
I can't attach to it with gdb either.  And, I have to do an
unclean shutdown (hold the power button).

I'm chalking this up to an OS bug, but it'd be nice to know if
anyone can reproduce this.  It's a royal PITA.  -- justin

Re: Fix for ra_local on Darwin, and unkillable processes?

Posted by David Mankin <ma...@ants.com>.
Thanks Justin.  That patch looks quite a bit cleaner patch than the one
I sent.  When I have a few spare minutes I'll update APR and try running
again.

Also, I haven't had svn running enough to give it a good trial, so I
haven't seen your crash.  But it's a little scary since I've been
running svn remotely on my OS X server.  That'll suck when I have to
powercycle it to fix svn.

-David Mankin