Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> on 2005/07/20 13:50:37 UTC

Setting up incubator pages for Oscar

Hi,

I was wondering how we can setup the incubator pages to track the
progress of the oscar podling.  I remember working on the directory
pages but I don't seem to recall who or how these pages were setup for
podlings.

Thanks,
Alex

Re: Setting up incubator pages for Oscar

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Thursday 21 July 2005 02:25, Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Thanks for catching the authorization problem (I hope someone can
> correct that) and for properly using those rights to adjust the site.

AFAIK, @pmc-chairs have access to asf-authorization file, so feel free to
remove your little pet project that has graduated :o)

Cheers
Niclas

Re: Setting up incubator pages for Oscar

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Thursday 21 July 2005 00:43, Niclas Hedhman wrote:

>  1. svn cp incubation-status-template.html oscar.html in the
> site-author/projects directory.
>  2. Committed that... (Not supposed to be able to do that. See below.)
>  3. Made a rough initial edit.
>  4. Committed that, so a STATUS file should now exist.

Since I was at it, I also added the stuff in site-author/site.xml,
site-author/projects/index.html and created a site-author/projects/oscar
directory for the site, all in accordance to instructinos in the
site-author/projects/incubation-status-template.html file.

Hope that is all well...

Cheers
Niclas

Re: Setting up incubator pages for Oscar

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Wednesday 20 July 2005 20:38, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> > I was wondering how we can setup the incubator pages to track the
> > progress of the oscar podling.  I remember working on the directory
> > pages but I don't seem to recall who or how these pages were setup for
> > podlings.
>
> I just sent my usual getting started info to oscar-dev.

I decided to check out how this all works.

 1. svn cp incubation-status-template.html oscar.html in the
site-author/projects directory.

 2. Committed that... (Not supposed to be able to do that. See below.)

 3. Made a rough initial edit.

 4. Committed that, so a STATUS file should now exist.

Now, I went on to investigate how come I could commit, and found out that
"someone" has forgotten to clean away graduated projects from the
/x1/sv/asf-authorization, and since I am committer on Directory, I was able
to do the commit above.

Cheers
Niclas

Re: Setting up incubator pages for Oscar

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com>.
> I was wondering how we can setup the incubator pages to track the
> progress of the oscar podling.  I remember working on the directory
> pages but I don't seem to recall who or how these pages were setup for
> podlings.

I just sent my usual getting started info to oscar-dev.

....Roy