Posted to dev@skywalking.apache.org by Yihao Chen <Su...@outlook.com> on 2021/10/24 15:49:22 UTC

[DISCUSSION/ VOTE] Proposal on hosting CHAOSS GrimoireLab for the SkyWalking community

Hello community,

I’m writing this proposal to promote the deployment of CHAOSS GrimoireLab (https://chaoss.community/ ), a set of community health metrics and open-source tool-chain maintained by a group of developers and researchers. To put it simply, it automatically generates a range of rich metrics/visualizations coming from our Git, GitHub repo, IRC, Twitter, Mail list, and more. The goal is to facilitate community growth and identify potential health problems.

Please refer to this official demo(https://chaoss.biterg.io/ ) for a quick feeling of the charm of this tool. You can navigate through different dashboards and timeframes via the top-right bar.

If I counted correctly, there are over 30 projects in the SkyWalking ecosystem, either official or hosted outside of the foundation. We can use this tool to help us get a clear view of the activities from a high level. From this step, we can face our strengths and problems and fix them as a community.

I propose to start a skywalking-community(or another name, currently - https://github.com/Superskyyy/sw-community ) repository in the foundation, where only a set of configuration files, customized dashboards and a deployment script will be hosted there. The GrimoireLab tool-chain is under GPLv3, but we can deploy its image directly; nothing violating the rule is added to the foundation.

The resulting web dashboard is available for everyone to visit and serves as a community showcase to our developers, users, and the people to join us in the future.

Please provide your opinions and vote on the matter.

Kind Regards,
Yihao Chen (Superskyyy)

Re: Re: [DISCUSSION/ VOTE] Proposal on hosting CHAOSS GrimoireLab for the SkyWalking community

Posted by Yihao Chen <yi...@apache.org>.
Hello,

Just a quick follow-up of this one, since no major objections were communicated, shall we start to proceed on this?

Kind regards,

Yihao Chen (Superskyyy)

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
Yes, according to lazy consensus, we could continue. Please reach me
privately, let me know what do you need to deploy this?

Yihao Chen <yi...@apache.org>于2021年11月9日 周二上午2:39写道:

--
Sheng Wu 吴晟

Apache SkyWalking
Apache Incubator
Apache ShardingSphere, ECharts, DolphinScheduler podlings
Zipkin
Twitter, wusheng1108

Re: [DISCUSSION/ VOTE] Proposal on hosting CHAOSS GrimoireLab for the SkyWalking community

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Yihao