Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by so...@fwd.at on 2002/11/12 19:44:49 UTC

Storing data across SOAP method invocations #2 - Session issues?

Dear Scott,

Thanks a lot for your helpful reply!

- Adding the parameter soapcontext is ingenius, I thought about that, but didn't know it is actually implemented!
- To which requests does the HttpSession apply? To all requests coming from the same server or to all requests? Where is this HttpSession stored?
- When does the HttpSession timeout, or is there not timeout?

I thought I could use the servlet itself to store data applying to all requests, but using the HttpSession didn't seem obvious to me. Do you know a place where to find additional information on this topic?

Is it ok to store e.g. an SQL connection object in the HttpSession, so I don't have to initialize the connection every time a request comes? Or is there a more elegant way/hooks or entry points for doing this?

Thanks a lot
Johannes