Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> on 2007/04/09 18:57:00 UTC

Release plugin: able to create branches?

Hi all,

We have been using the release plugin very successfully to create tags
and keep version numbers up to date for us.

We need similar behaviour to create branches - ie to update the version
number, then create the branch.

Does anything like this exist in the release plugin, or in another plugin?

Regards,
Graham

Re: Release plugin: able to create branches?

Posted by Steven Rowe <sa...@syr.edu>.
I'm guessing that you use a non-Subversion repository, since Subversion
 makes no distinction between branches and tags (or any other directory,
for that matter) -- the distinction is maintained outside the
repository, in the minds of the people who adopt a policy to associate
branching activity with a directory labeled "branches", and similarly
with "tags".

Posted by Edwin Punzalan <ep...@apache.org>.
Hi Graham.

No, the release plugin does not have a separate goal for that. you might
want to look at the maven-scm-plugin