Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Kyle Weaver <kc...@google.com> on 2020/05/19 20:51:16 UTC

[VOTE] Release 2.21.0, release candidate #1

Hi everyone,
Please review and vote on the release candidate #1 for the version 2.21.0,
as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
* JIRA release notes [1],
* the official Apache source release to be deployed to dist.apache.org [2],
which is signed with the key with fingerprint
F11E37D7F006D086232876797B6D6673C79AEA72 [3],
* all artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [4],
* source code tag "v2.21.0-RC1" [5],
* website pull request listing the release [6], publishing the API
reference manual [7], and the blog post [8].
* Java artifacts were built with Maven 3.6.3 and OpenJDK/Oracle JDK 1.8.0.
* Python artifacts are deployed along with the source release to the
dist.apache.org [2].
* Validation sheet with a tab for 2.21.0 release to help with validation
[9].
* Docker images published to Docker Hub [10].

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. It is adopted by majority
approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.

Thanks,
Kyle

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12319527&version=12347143
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/beam/2.21.0/
[3] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/beam/KEYS
[4] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebeam-1103/
[5] https://github.com/apache/beam/releases/tag/v2.21.0-RC1
[7] https://github.com/apache/beam-site/pull/603
[9]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qk-N5vjXvbcEk68GjbkSZTR8AGqyNUM-oLFo_ZXBpJw/edit#gid=275707202
[10] https://hub.docker.com/search?q=apache%2Fbeam&type=image

Re: [VOTE] Release 2.21.0, release candidate #1

Posted by Luke Cwik <lc...@google.com>.
+1 (binding)

Verified:
* Signatures and file hashes
* Java quickstarts on local cluster runners and Dataflow.

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org>.
On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 4:08 PM Robert Bradshaw <ro...@google.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 3:55 PM Luke Cwik <lc...@google.com> wrote:
>
>> The 2.22 release is also being worked on. Rather allow that release pick
>> up anything that isn't critical.
>>

> +1. The question is whether this will result in broken installs (e.g. if
> we don't exclude Flink 1.10.1 and the user tries to use it with this
> release).

That's fine. The RC, which is based on Flink 1.10.0, will also work with a
Flink 1.10.1 cluster.

Re: [VOTE] Release 2.21.0, release candidate #1

Posted by Robert Bradshaw <ro...@google.com>.

Posted by Kyle Weaver <kc...@google.com>.
Thanks Kenn. Which experimental feature are you referring to?

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <ke...@apache.org>.

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ahmet Altay <al...@google.com>.

Posted by Kyle Weaver <kc...@google.com>.