Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by wesleywj2 <we...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2009/08/24 13:10:17 UTC

Separating request handler between T5 and spring 2.0.6's DispatcherServlet

hi,

i've been developing an webapps using T5 with spring 2.0.6 library. Main
focus of T5 is to serve as front page and logic with business model using
spring 2.0.6. I still have a tonnes of spring controller and i would like to
make use of it by calling it directly. But as i aware, Tapestry 5 acts as a
very thin layer by applying a filter in front. based on the example as below
i implemented in my web.xml:-
	<context-param>
		<param-name>tapestry.app-package</param-name>
		<param-value>com.wx</param-value>
	</context-param>

	<context-param>
		<param-value>
			WEB-INF/spring-security.xml
			WEB-INF/spring-data.xml
			WEB-INF/spring-service.xml
		</param-value>
	</context-param>

	<listener>

<listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener</listener-class>
	</listener>

	<filter>
		<filter-name>app</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.apache.tapestry5.spring.TapestrySpringFilter</filter-class>
	</filter>

	<filter-mapping>
		<filter-name>app</filter-name>
		<url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
	</filter-mapping>

	<servlet>
		<servlet-name>spring</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet</servlet-class>
	</servlet>
	<servlet-mapping>
		<servlet-name>spring</servlet-name>
		<url-pattern>*.tx</url-pattern>
	</servlet-mapping>

TapestrySpringFilter is intercepting all the request with pattern
<url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>. my question is how do i call spring's
DispatcherServlet and let it handle by spring itself. all my spring request
ended with .wx suffix. how do i separate it so that spring will handle all
the request with suffix of .wx and left others to T5?

please advice,
wesley

Re: Separating request handler between T5 and spring 2.0.6's DispatcherServlet

Posted by wesleywj2 <we...@yahoo.co.uk>.
hello Ulrich, thanks so much for the pointer; it's working good now.

regards,

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.
see "Ignored Paths" in http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/guide/conf.html

Uli