Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jean-Marie Pitre <jm...@cofisun.com> on 2006/10/24 23:57:59 UTC

several html forms

Hello,

What do you think about using several html forms with same name in the
same page ?

I explain me, my JSP displays (with iterate) content of a tab element
(object in my formbean).
I would like to update one of these elements, so my idea was to create a
html form block for each element of my tab in the JSP and post one html
form  to an action.

Regards, Jean-Marie.

Re: several html forms

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Jean-Marie Pitre wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What do you think about using several html forms with same name in the
> same page ?
>
> I explain me, my JSP displays (with iterate) content of a tab element
> (object in my formbean).
> I would like to update one of these elements, so my idea was to create a
> html form block for each element of my tab in the JSP and post one html
> form  to an action.

I'm not sure I understand. Do you mean you want to have a different form
in each tab area? Why not have a single enclosing form? I think having
multiple forms on one page can be made to work, though maybe not having
multiple forms with the same name. Have you tried what you have in mind?

L.