Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Honza Pazdziora <ad...@informatics.muni.cz> on 1998/07/11 12:27:31 UTC

Will new I/O allow processing output of other modules?

>     * new layered I/O.
>         +1: Brian, Ken, Dean, Jim, Paul, Sameer, Marc, Ralf, MarkC, Ben, Roy

Does the new layered I/O mean that for example the SSI module could be
rewritten as an parser of a module fetching the file or running the
CGI? Something that stacked handlers with tiehandler allow internally
in mod_perl?

 Honza Pazdziora | adelton@fi.muni.cz | http://www.fi.muni.cz/~adelton/
                   I can take or leave it if I please

Re: Will new I/O allow processing output of other modules?

Posted by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk>.
Honza Pazdziora wrote:

> >     * new layered I/O.
> >         +1: Brian, Ken, Dean, Jim, Paul, Sameer, Marc, Ralf, MarkC, Ben, Roy
>
> Does the new layered I/O mean that for example the SSI module could be
> rewritten as an parser of a module fetching the file or running the
> CGI? Something that stacked handlers with tiehandler allow internally
> in mod_perl?

Yes.

Cheers,

Ben.