Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by "Buck, Robert" <rb...@verisign.com> on 2008/03/13 14:04:44 UTC

Beta 2: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

I just completed the upgrade to IVY 2 Beta 2. Overall I consider the
release an overall success. I like the new flexible cache management
support over all. However, there is one BIG regression...

I use IVY for both resolving third party dependencies from our secure
ivy repository, as well as to manage inter-project dependencies. Since
using Beta 2 I have been having PermGen space issues. I am now up to
reserving 256M of PermSpace. Guys, there is definitely something wrong
here. For comparison, the global SMS messaging gateways that your
SMS/MMS traffic goes through, only has 64M, and that is running JBoss
with all sorts of stuff loaded. I cannot see any reason to require 256M
of PermGen space.

Again, I just want to emphasize that the overall release is fantastic.
Fixing this one issue would go a long way.

Thanks in advance,

Bob

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

Re: Beta 2: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 3:20 AM, Buck, Robert <rb...@verisign.com> wrote:
> We use Ant 1.7 and have been for some time.
>  I just upgraded from IVY Beta 1 to IVY Beta 2. This issue only showed up
>  during this upgrade.
>
>  I will take a look at the task defs; but I suspect this is not an issue
>  as the task defs are shared global definitions.
I know there's already been some investigation and issue raised in Ant
about that kind of problem, but I don't remember exactly what was the
exact problem. I don't have time to check right now, so could you
please open an issue with fix = 2.0 so that we are sure we don't
forget to address this before 2.0 final. And if you manage to provide
a simple example to reproduce the problem, it would really help to
solve it.

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/

RE: Beta 2: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space