Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Michal Maczka <mi...@cqs.ch> on 2003/05/28 10:33:58 UTC

RE: (sub)project dependencies without versioning (agains developmentvers)

You can use
<dependency>
      <groupId>foo</groupId>
      <artifactId>foo-baa</artifactId>
      <version>xx</version>
      <type>jar</type>
      <properties>
         <eclipse.dependency>true</eclipse.dependency>  <---- This makes a
trick
    </properties>
</dependency>

Try to see the latest, CVS HEAD version of the plugin.

Michal

Posted by Michal Maczka <mi...@cqs.ch>.
I personally use following layout:

foo-main (is used to start reactor)
foo-common (contains settings "inherited" by componentA, componentB etc.)
foo-componentA
foo-componentB

in "foo-main" project I have (in maven.xml)

 <goal name="foo:for-all">

    <maven:reactor
      basedir="${basedir}/.."
      includes="foo-*/project.xml"
      excludes="foo-main/*,foo-common/*"
      goals="${goals}"
      banner="Building"
      ignoreFailures="false"
    />
  </goal>

and after from foo-main I use it like:

maven foo:for-all -Dgoals=clean,eclipse,jar:install-snapshot

Plus I use the special settings for eclipse described in my previous email.

Michal

Posted by Martin Skopp <sk...@riege.de>.