Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/17 19:17:29 UTC

What remains to be done for 2.1 release?

What remains to be done for a formal 2.1 release?

Any fixes that still need to be applied?

==

If not, then I think we can do the rest:
- update JMeterVersion.java
- tag all the files with the 2.1 version tag
- extract files from CVS using the tag into a new dir tree
- build and test
- create distribution files
- sign distribution files
- upload to temporary location (e.g. nightly dir)
- send round [VOTE] e-mail

Wait for any feedback. If agreed:

- upload to dist directory; adjust current links
- delete any obsolete releases (keep the current, i.e. 2.0.3)
- wait a few hours
- check visible and downloadable from www.apache.org
- wait a day or so for mirrors to catch up
- update download xml file in SVN to point to new directory
- release announce e-mail to JMeter user and Dev lists

Hope I've not missed anything ...

Sebastian

Re: What remains to be done for 2.1 release?

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
ok, in that case, I think it's good to go.

peter

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Just realised:

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 17/08/05, Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org> wrote:
> Here's what I get:
>
> 1) testLoadAndSave
> (org.apache.jmeter.save.TestSaveService)com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.ConversionException: WebServiceSampler : WebServiceSampler
>     [java] ---- Debugging information ----
>     [java] required-type       :
> org.apache.jorphan.collections.ListedHashTree
>     [java] cause-message       : WebServiceSampler : WebServiceSampler
>     [java] class               : org.apache.jmeter.save.ScriptWrapper
>     [java] message             : WebServiceSampler : WebServiceSampler
>     [java] line number         : 929
>     [java]
> path                : /jmeterTestPlan/hashTree/hashTree/hashTree
> [4]/hashTree[5]/WebServiceSampler
>     [java] cause-exception     :
[...]

    [java] FAILURES!!!
>     [java] Tests run: 933,  Failures: 3,  Errors: 1

I don't get that failure...

     [java] There were 2 failures:
     [java] 1) runGUITitle(org.apache.jmeter.junit.JMeterTest)junit.framework.As
sertionFailedError: component_reference.xml needs 'HTTP Request HTTPCLient' anch
or for org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.control.gui.HttpTestSampleGui2
     [java]     at org.apache.jmeter.junit.JMeterTest.runGUITitle(JMeterTest.jav
a:350)
     [java]     at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor24.invoke(Unknown Source)
     [java]     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMet
hodAccessorImpl.java:25)
     [java]     at org.apache.jorphan.test.AllTests.main(AllTests.java:197)
     [java] 2) testLoadAndSave(org.apache.jmeter.save.TestSaveService)junit.fram
ework.AssertionFailedError: One or more failures detected
     [java]     at org.apache.jmeter.save.TestSaveService.testLoadAndSave(TestSa
veService.java:92)
     [java]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
     [java]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAcces
sorImpl.java:39)
     [java]     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMet
hodAccessorImpl.java:25)
     [java]     at org.apache.jorphan.test.AllTests.main(AllTests.java:197)

     [java] FAILURES!!!
     [java] Tests run: 993,  Failures: 2,  Errors: 0

     [java] +++++++++++
     [java] ------------

I suspect the extra 60 tests I'm running may indicate a different
setup - what optional jars have you got (e.g. in lib/opt)?

S.

> On Wed, 2005-08-17 at 14:23 -0400, Peter Lin wrote:
>
> > which tests are failing 2.1?
> >
> > peter
> >

> > On 8/17/05, Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org> wrote:
> > > Actually, there are some failing unit tests that should be addressed
> > > before a real release.  Are we talking a release candidate or actual
> > > release?

Actual release.

Re: What remains to be done for 2.1 release?

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
ok, it looks like the sample test plan needs to be updated. it appears
the change I made to split the URL into host, port is causing the
failure. I will update the sample when I get home.

Posted by Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
Here's what I get:

[...]
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.AbstractCollectionConverter.readItem(AbstractCollectionConverter.java:82)
     [java] at
org.apache.jmeter.save.converters.HashTreeConverter.unmarshal
(HashTreeConverter.java:86)
     [java] at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother
(TreeUnmarshaller.java:38)
[...]
     [java] at org.apache.jmeter.save.ScriptWrapperConverter.unmarshal
(ScriptWrapperConverter.java:90)
     [java] at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother
(TreeUnmarshaller.java:38)
     [java] at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.ReferenceByXPathUnmarshaller.convertAnother(ReferenceByXPathUnmarshaller.java:39)
     [java] at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.start
(TreeUnmarshaller.java:99)
     [java] at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.ReferenceByXPathMarshallingStrategy.unmarshal(ReferenceByXPathMarshallingStrategy.java:12)
     [java] at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.unmarshal
(XStream.java:521)
     [java] at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.unmarshal
(XStream.java:509)
     [java] at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.fromXML
(XStream.java:475)
     [java] at org.apache.jmeter.save.SaveService.loadTree
(SaveService.java:260)
     [java] at org.apache.jmeter.save.TestSaveService.testLoadAndSave
(TestSaveService.java:54)
     [java] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
     [java] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
     [java] at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
     [java] at org.apache.jorphan.test.AllTests.main(AllTests.java:197)
     [java] Caused by:
com.thoughtworks.xstream.alias.CannotResolveClassException:
WebServiceSampler : WebServiceSampler
     [java] at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.DefaultMapper.realClass
(DefaultMapper.java:35)
     [java] at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.MapperWrapper.realClass
(MapperWrapper.java:18)
     [java] at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.XmlFriendlyMapper.realClass
(XmlFriendlyMapper.java:44)
     [java] at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.MapperWrapper.realClass
(MapperWrapper.java:18)
     [java] at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.ClassAliasingMapper.realClass
(ClassAliasingMapper.java:49)
     [java] at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.MapperWrapper.realClass
(MapperWrapper.java:18)
     [java] at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.MapperWrapper.realClass
(MapperWrapper.java:18)
     [java] at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.MapperWrapper.realClass
(MapperWrapper.java:18)
     [java] at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.DynamicProxyMapper.realClass
(DynamicProxyMapper.java:46)
     [java] at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.MapperWrapper.realClass
(MapperWrapper.java:18)
     [java] at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.MapperWrapper.realClass
(MapperWrapper.java:18)
     [java] at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.MapperWrapper.realClass
(MapperWrapper.java:18)
     [java] at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.ArrayMapper.realClass
(ArrayMapper.java:52)
     [java] at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.MapperWrapper.realClass
(MapperWrapper.java:18)
     [java] at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.MapperWrapper.realClass
(MapperWrapper.java:18)
     [java] at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.MapperWrapper.realClass
(MapperWrapper.java:18)
     [java] at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.CachingMapper.realClass
(CachingMapper.java:28)
     [java] at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.AbstractCollectionConverter.readItem(AbstractCollectionConverter.java:78)
     [java] at
org.apache.jmeter.save.converters.HashTreeConverter.unmarshal
(HashTreeConverter.java:86)
     [java] at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother
(TreeUnmarshaller.java:38)
     [java] ... 41 more
     [java] There were 3 failures:
     [java] 1) BSH1
(org.apache.jmeter.functions.PackageTest)junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: BeanShell not present
     [java] at org.apache.jmeter.functions.PackageTest.BSH1
(PackageTest.java:189)
     [java] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
     [java] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
     [java] at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
     [java] at org.apache.jorphan.test.AllTests.main(AllTests.java:197)
     [java] 2) runGUITitle
     [java] at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor25.invoke(Unknown
Source)
     [java] at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
     [java] at org.apache.jorphan.test.AllTests.main(AllTests.java:197)
     [java] 3) checkGuiSet
(org.apache.jmeter.junit.JMeterTest)junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Should not have any names left over expected:<0> but was:<10>
     [java] at org.apache.jmeter.junit.JMeterTest.checkGuiSet
(JMeterTest.java:256)

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
which tests are failing 2.1?