Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by K F <kf...@yahoo.com> on 2015/08/11 16:01:25 UTC

Should maintenance repairs be run on system related keyspaces?

Hi,
I have a question in general with regards to repairs on system related keyspaces. Is it necessary in maintenance repair kicked of via cron should also repair system related keyspaces?
Regards,Ken

Re: Should maintenance repairs be run on system related keyspaces?

Posted by Prem Yadav <ip...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ken,
the system_auth keyspace should be repaired. However the system keyspace
uses a local replication strategy and there is no point is repairing it.

Thanks,
Prem

Posted by Alain RODRIGUEZ <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ken,

As the "system" ks is "local" and repair is supposed to fix entropy, I
would say no... And you now know how to find out the answer for other
keyspace you include in "system related keyspaces" (If local, then no need,
else it depends on the fact that some entropy is acceptable or not, but I
would say, yes,  do it, system keyspaces should be small enough)...

"DESC keyspace system;

CREATE KEYSPACE system WITH replication = {

  'class': 'LocalStrategy'

};"

I never read or even think about it myself, but I just wrote what makes
sense to me. If I am wrong, other will let you know.

C*heers,

Alain