Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/08 18:13:08 UTC

OFBiz going mobile

Hi all,

There are a lot of mobile specific development frameworks out there. There
are even a few projects under the ASF umbrella that cater to that need.

What would you consider the best solution to pair OFBiz with? Of are the
capabilities it delivers sufficient?

Please share your thoughts.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-
Based Manufacturing, Professional
Services and Retail & Trade
http://www.orrtiz.com

Re: Fwd: Re: OFBiz going mobile

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks for sharing Ron,

Jacques

Fwd: Re: OFBiz going mobile

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.

--
Ron Wheeler
President

Re: OFBiz going mobile

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
I gather that this was all done with the existing framework.

Do we have to put the framework issue to bed before starting to work on
mobile or is the REST interface(API) sufficiently stable or framework
independent to move forward with a mobile strategy while still wondering
about the future of the framework?

Ron

Re: OFBiz going mobile

Posted by Divesh Dutta <di...@hotwaxsystems.com>.

Re: OFBiz going mobile

Posted by Ean Schuessler <ea...@brainfood.com>.

Re: OFBiz going mobile

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
Good analysis.

Re: OFBiz going mobile

Posted by Ean Schuessler <ea...@brainfood.com>.

Re: OFBiz going mobile

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
That would be great Erik,

Tomahawk is still my preferred theme :) IMO, the only thing it misses is the RTL (Right-to-Left Language Support) Flat Grey has

Jacques

Re: OFBiz going mobile

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Le 08/07/2015 22:56, Nick Rosser Swishmail a écrit :
> I agree with Taher ... I would consider Responsive Web Design (RWD) with Bootstrap to be a pre-requisite for any mobile (small device) solution.
>
> If this can be nailed then I'm not sure if a native solution is required for mobile.
>
> If community members feel that accessing native device functions like the camera can add functionality to OFBiz then options can be considered as I'm sure will be suggested by others. First step here would be to define the requirements for native functionality or any specific "mobile" functions that would not be available via the RWD solution.

Then Apache Cordova would the easiest way I believe. This does not mean it must be done OOTB, to be honest I have never used it so I can't tell. I
know the BrainFood team did so maybe they can enlighten us...

Jacques

RE: OFBiz going mobile

Re: OFBiz going mobile

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
An interesting combination for developing mobile portable apps
http://www.academia.edu/9722319/Building_Mobile_Apps_with_Cordova_AngularJS_and_Ionic

Ron

Re: OFBiz going mobile

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.