Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/15 20:27:44 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache ODE 1.0

The ODE community held a vote for its first incubator release. See [1] for
the tally of 6 +1s (including one mentor vote) and no 0 or -1s. We're now
asking for a vote by the incubator PMC to authorize the publication of our
1.0 release.

The release consists of 3 different artifacts:

- A WAR-based distribution [2]
- A JBI-based distribution [3]
- A source distribution [4]

Please cast your votes:

[ ] +1 release is approved
[ ] -1 veto the release (provide specific comments)

Thanks!
Matthieu

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ode-dev/200705.mbox/%3cfbdc6a970705151040t63f6fe98ib1a4496ba6325988@mail.gmail.com%3e
[2] http://people.apache.org/~mriou/ode-1.0-RC3/org/apache/ode/apache-ode-war/1.0-RC3-incubating/
<http://people.apache.org/%7Emriou/ode-1.0-RC3/org/apache/ode/apache-ode-war/1.0-RC3-incubating/>
[3]
http://people.apache.org/~mriou/ode-1.0-RC3/org/apache/ode/apache-ode-jbi/1.0-RC3-incubating/<http://people.apache.org/%7Emriou/ode-1.0-RC3/org/apache/ode/apache-ode-jbi/1.0-RC3-incubating/>
[4]
http://people.apache.org/~mriou/ode-1.0-RC3/org/apache/ode/apache-ode-sources/1.0-RC3-incubating/<http://people.apache.org/%7Emriou/ode-1.0-RC3/org/apache/ode/apache-ode-sources/1.0-RC3-incubating/>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ODE 1.0

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com>.
I'll remember that for the next release. Thanks for the clarification!

Matthieu

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
"When a distribution contains code under several licenses, the LICENSE file
should contain details of all these licenses. For each component which is
not Apache licensed, details of the component and the license under which
the component is distributed should be appended to the LICENSE file."

See:
http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#distributing-code-under-several-licenses

   ...ant

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 5/18/07, Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've posted a new RC addressing all the issues you've mentioned. The only
> gotcha is with the SQL files, these come from Quartz (Open Symphony project,
> Apache 2.0 license). So for these I've just added a short note pointing to
> the NOTICE, which mentions the license and copyright. Hope this is enough.
> Otherwise, all missing headers have been added.

the entry in the NOTICE would probably have sufficed

> > > Please cast your votes:
> > >
> > > [ ] +1 release is approved
> > > [ ] -1 veto the release (provide specific comments)

+1

- robert

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ODE 1.0

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me!

Paul

On 5/22/07, Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1 from me? (or did i vote before :)
>
> -- dims
>
> On 5/21/07, Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > All the listed issues have been solved for a few days now. Robert mentioned
> > being offline this week so could somebody else pick this up? We still need 2
> > IPMC votes for this release.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Matthieu
> >
> > On 5/17/07, Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > I've posted a new RC addressing all the issues you've mentioned. The only
> > > gotcha is with the SQL files, these come from Quartz (Open Symphony project,
> > > Apache 2.0 license). So for these I've just added a short note pointing to
> > > the NOTICE, which mentions the license and copyright. Hope this is enough.
> > > Otherwise, all missing headers have been added.
> > >
> > > The new release, 1.0-RC4, can be found here:
> > >
> > > - The WAR-based distribution
> > > http://people.apache.org/~mriou/ode-1.0-RC4/org/apache/ode/apache-ode-war/1.0-RC4-incubating/
> > >
> > > <http://people.apache.org/%7Emriou/ode-1.0-RC4/org/apache/ode/apache-ode-war/1.0-RC4-incubating/>
> > >
> > > - The JBI-based distribution
> > > http://people.apache.org/~mriou/ode-1.0-RC4/org/apache/ode/apache-ode-jbi/1.0-RC4-incubating/
> > >
> > > <http://people.apache.org/%7Emriou/ode-1.0-RC4/org/apache/ode/apache-ode-jbi/1.0-RC4-incubating/>
> > >
> > > - The source distribution
> > > http://people.apache.org/~mriou/ode-1.0-RC4/org/apache/ode/apache-ode-sources/1.0-RC4-incubating/
> > >
> > > <http://people.apache.org/%7Emriou/ode-1.0-RC4/org/apache/ode/apache-ode-sources/1.0-RC4-incubating/>
> > >
> > > Thanks a lot for your time checking our release!
> > >
> > > Matthieu

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ODE 1.0

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me? (or did i vote before :)

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com>.

[VOTE] [RESULT] Release Apache ODE 1.0

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com>.
The Apache ODE 1.0 release has been approved by 4 +1 binding votes:

Davanum Srivanas
Paul Fremantle
Sanjiva Weeravana
Robert Burrell Donkin)

In addition 5 +1 non binding votes (ODE committers) have been recorded on
ode-dev. There were no 0 or -1 votes. I'm declaring this release approved
and will proceed with the publication of the release binaries.

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.