Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Josh Tynjala <jo...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/23 14:36:39 UTC

Re: [FlexJS] empty constructors in SDK

I don't think the empty constructors will have a performance impact. The
way we create classes in JavaScript, a constructor is required because
that's where the prototype is stored, so it will be generated anyway. In
SWF, I believe I remember reading that it's similar: bytecode is still
generated by the compiler when the constructor is omitted.

- Josh