Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Ashutosh Chauhan <ha...@apache.org> on 2013/05/01 02:18:39 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Hive 0.11.0 Release Candidate 1

Hey all,

Based on feedback from folks, I have respun release candidate, RC1.
Please take a look. It basically fixes the size bloat of tarball.

Source tag for RC1 is at:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hive/tags/release-0.11.0-rc1

Source tar ball and convenience binary artifacts can be found
at:http://people.apache.org/~hashutosh/hive-0.11.0-rc1/

Maven artifacts for hive are available
at:https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehive-158/

Maven artifacts for hcatalog are available at:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehcatalog-159/

This release has many goodies including HiveServer2, integrated
hcatalog, windowing and analytical functions, decimal data type,
better query planning, performance enhancements and various bug fixes.
In total, we resolved more than 350 issues. Full list of fixed issues
can be found at:  http://s.apache.org/8Fr

Voting will conclude in 72 hours.

Hive PMC Members: Please test and vote.

Thanks,

Ashutosh (On behalf of Hive contributors who made 0.11 a possibility)

Posted by Prasad Mujumdar <pr...@cloudera.com>.
  -1 (non-binding)
My apologies, but HIVE-4505 is a regression that IMHO should be addressed.

thanks
Prasad

Posted by Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org>.
Amareshwari,
  I agree that HIVE-4018 looks like a good fix to get into 0.11.0. I just
committed it back to branch-0.11.

Thanks,
   Owen

Posted by amareshwari sriramdasu <am...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Carl Steinbach <cw...@gmail.com>.
* README.txt
** The Upgrade section says that you need to replace old copies of
hive-default.xml. This is no longer true.

Posted by Carl Steinbach <cw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org>.
All,

Posted by Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org>.