Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Nacho <Ig...@cern.ch> on 2005/04/14 15:17:07 UTC

KEY_AOI - batik 1.6

Hello,

I´m trying to print only certain areas of a svg image using KEY_AOI.
I wanted to try in 1.6 since I had problems with 1.5.1, and it looks
like some problems in print transcoder were fixed in this new release.

I wanted first to clarify some aspects of this KEY_AOI value, because it
is not clear to me.

I have a SVG Document with a ViewBox like [-100 -2200 3400 2300]
And this document is displayed in a canvas with dimensions (in pixels)
[Width: 900, Height: 400]

If I wanted, for example, to print only half of the svg document, which
values do I have to introduce in the AOI?
The value I enter is supposed to be in pixels, and with non-zero values,
as far as I understand.

But if I introduce the rectangle [0 0 900 200] (upper half of the pixel
area), it will print nothing at all, in this new 1.6 release (as with
the previous one).
I introduce as well the width and height values as KEY_WITH and KEY_HEIGHT.

The only time when I could actually print something was modifying the
example in the batik web page (Image Transcoder Tutorial), but I suspect
that it was because the view box of the sample picture (anne.svg)
doesn´t have negative values (it is [0 0 xx xx]).Are these negative
values a problem?

Any feedback will be appreciated,

Cheers,

Nacho