Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by ozhang <oz...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/03 15:37:58 UTC

hbase set memstore size to 0

Hello,
In our hbase cluster memstore flush size is 128 mb. And to insert data to
tables, we only use bulk load tool. Since bulk loading bypasses memstores,
they are never used, so we want to minimize memstore flush size. But
memstore flush size is used in many important calculations in hbase such
that;

region split size = Min (R^2 * “hbase.hregion.memstore.flush.size”,
“hbase.hregion.max.filesize”)

So setting memstore value smaller or "0" for example,  results in some other
problems.
What do you suggest us in that case. Setting memstore size to 128 holds some
memory for tens of regions in region server and we want to get rid of it.
Thanks a lot.

ozhan

Re: hbase set memstore size to 0

Posted by ozhang <oz...@gmail.com>.
I check that and see that memstore global upper limit is 0.4. As you
suggested setting it to a lower value will to what i want. Also
ConstantSizeRegionSplitPolicy is a nice suggestion. Thanks you so much.
Best regards.
Ozhan
3 Ağu 2014 22:49 tarihinde "Jean-Marc Spaggiari [via Apache HBase]" <

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.

Posted by Kevin O'dell <ke...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by ozhang <oz...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kevin,