Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by max square <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/06 00:00:47 UTC

topics still showing up using list command after deletion

Hi All,

I am using Kafka version 0.8.2.1. Like mentioned in the documentation, I
enabled the delete.kafka.topic property in the config, restarted the
brokers and issued the delete command. Then, I tried listing the topics and
the topics that I deleted still shows up in the list. However, if I try the
delete command again for those topics, it says that those topics don't
exist. Any help in this regard would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Max

Attaching the commands that I used :-
bin/kafka-topics.sh --zookeeper x.x.x.x:2181/chroot --delete --topic test
bin/kafka-topics.sh --list --zookeeper x.x.x.x:2181