Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Tellier Benoit <bt...@apache.org> on 2021/04/14 03:34:25 UTC

[Results] [VOTE] Call for vote: Apache James 3.6.0 (round 3)

Hi all,

I am happy to announce you the vote for the 3.6.0 release did succeed.

The release received 8 positive votes, 3 of them being binding.

Thanks to all contributors, developers and committers who made this
possible!

In the coming hours, I will finalize the release process, namely:

- Publish the maven artifacts
- Upgrade the download page and the (old) website
- Announce the release
- Apache docker images (convenience downloads, non official release
artifacts CF Apache policy regarding docker images)

Voting thread:
https://www.mail-archive.com/server-dev@james.apache.org/msg70025.html

Cheers,

PMC member name

Re: [Results] [VOTE] Call for vote: Apache James 3.6.0 (round 3)

Posted by Tellier Benoit <bt...@apache.org>.
Hello Jean,

Le 15/04/2021 à 19:25, Jean Helou a écrit :
> [...]
> I don't see how 389 blocks the release but I'm ok with the PR anyway :)
I will advertise the release on the announce mailing list. If the first
page of the website is advertising a broken demo, then it is not good
for the overall project, and we miss a good opportunity to promote it.

Posted by Jean Helou <je...@gmail.com>.

> I am about to conclude the 3.6.0 release (publish the website & announce)

 :rocket:

However I would like the website to advertise the maintained, apache

Posted by Tellier Benoit <bt...@apache.org>.
Hello there,

I am about to conclude the 3.6.0 release (publish the website & announce)

However I would like the website to advertise the maintained, apache
images rather than the unmaintained ones of an undisclosed third party.

I imagine the changes in
https://github.com/apache/james-project/pull/389 to be consensual.

If the feedback is positive, I can finish the 3.6.0 process as off
today. Otherwise I will proceed, likely on Friday, if not next week when