Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Jason <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2005/09/27 20:33:53 UTC

Problem with Environment Variables on Win2000

Hello,

I've written an ant script on Linux and I'm now in the
process of trying to run it on windows and I've hit a
snag.  My general strategy is to launch ant on linux
from a shell script in which I set several environment
variables like so:

export MY_VAR=foo

I than access these values through ant using the
<property environment="env"/> mechanism.  On linux
things work fine but when I port my shell script to a
bat file there are problems.  I am unable to access
the value of (for example) MY_VAR even though I've set
it in the bat file like so:  SET MY_VAR=foo.  I've
noticed that I am able to access 'standard'
environment variables (eg, Path) but the ones I set
explicity in the bat file which launches ant aren't
recongised.  Should this work?  Is there some work
around?  If anyone could set me straight, I'd
appreciate it.

-jason