Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de> on 2016/09/07 21:49:23 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Consolidating all the build guides

As I have now some experience on building OpenOffice, I've also seen
that there are alot of wikipages that describe to some degree of detail
how to build.

I would like to consolidate them into a one or maybe very few:

1. Search for everything that's available.
2. Cluster the pages that are duplicates or similar.
3. Combine the content with moving, merging, rearranging, deleting.
4. Finally, we have one or a few references everyone can save as
    browser bookmarks.

BTW:
It's really hidden in a good way as I havn't found it again. Where are
the configure options for the official releases we have done so far?

Thanks

Marcus

RE: [PROPOSAL] Consolidating all the build guides

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.
+1

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 15/09/2016 John D'Orazio wrote:
>>> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO
> I'm noticing that even in this page that is considered an official guide to
> building, the epm module is downloaded from msweet.org and not from the
> sourceforge oooextras mirror. Does it make any difference? Was it really
> patched, or can it be downloaded just the same from the msweet.org url?

The thing we download is the official version (with the minor
convenience that the OOoExtras copy is also available with an embedded
MD5 hash in the filename, to validate the download). So the files are
identical.

All patching occurs after download, using patches that are stored in our
source tree.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: [PROPOSAL] Consolidating all the build guides

Posted by John D'Orazio <jo...@cappellaniauniroma3.org>.

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Phillip Rhodes <mo...@gmail.com>.
+1

This message optimized for indexing by NSA PRISM

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.