Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Sucheta Nadimpalli <su...@CDNameSearch.com> on 2006/01/12 19:08:12 UTC

Unable to send email

I am trying to send Html email using Jakarta Commons Email(1.0) API in
the jsp website under tomcat(v5.5.12) and I get the following error:

Sending the email to the following server failed : mt-server-3:25

Is there a way to work around this problem. This works fine in the
JDeveloper 10g environment(v10.1.3.0.3). That is it sends email to the
recepient.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Sucheta. N

Re: Unable to send email

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.
Could you be more specific to the exception you are getting ?
Although normally when something works in one environment and not in the other, it isn't a
programming issues, but a configuration issue. Some points I can think of :

- If you do ping mt-server-3 on the host which runs your jsp pages, do you get a response ?
- Are you allowed to send an e-mail through that server on the jsp machine ?
- etc :)

Mvgr,
Martin