Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2005/07/14 17:19:41 UTC

[Struts Wiki] Update of "StrutsSolutions" by RickReumann

Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by RickReumann:
http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsSolutions

  This space is to list persistent or general problems and to provide solutions to persistent problems, large and small.  This space is meant to provide a place to discuss problems as well as to present your solutions.  Please only address problems which are identified consequetively by number and do so by number.  Maybe a better organization principle can follow, but this is delightfully informal and still rigorous.  Have fun!  There is no need for solutions to grapple with one another.  There is plenty of room to provide optional solutions.  Again, have fun!  There are no rules here.  Only problems and solutions.  The number of problems in serious coding are limited enough not to have to debate whether this or that problem is properly included here.  If you have a solution to a problem you had coding in relationship to some Struts project, that is good enough.  I will start off with a solution to the problem of running scripts in Java, which I recently had to solve on an ap
 p that needed hot deploy in Struts.  That is a tangential problem and such problems and solutions will be welcome.  "No holds barred" in this arena!

+ [ Rick Reumann - I don't want to take the liberty of fixing up this page, unless someone wants me to, but shouldn't this "Solutions" page be set up more like an FAQ - where for each solution you would jump off to another page? I'm a bit confused below since it looks like this whole page is addressing the "downloading files" issue? ]
-
-
-
-

  = BOOTY =
@@ -30, +27 @@

  5. Opening a response in a new window from a Struts Action

+ 6.
  == DISCUSSION OF PROBLEMS (What Is The Problem?) ==

  4. In an application I was architect and lead developer for last year, I was asked to expose certain pieces of functionality of the system as Web Services.  This request was made AFTER the application was complete and deployed in production.  I did not want to spend a lot of time on this (in fact, COULDN'T) and wanted to change as little code as possible, ideally none.