Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Angel Freire <cu...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/02 20:26:13 UTC

jexception 0x0108 JournalImpl::loadMsgContent() threw JERR__UNEXPRESPONSE: Unexpected response to call or event. (read_data_record() returned RHM_IORES_EMPTY) (MessageStoreImpl.cpp:1343)

Hello,

I'm getting the following error in my client applications:

connection-forced: Queue charges_async_response: loadContent() failed:
jexception 0x0108 JournalImpl::loadMsgContent() threw
JERR__UNEXPRESPONSE: Unexpected response to call or event.
(read_data_record() returned RHM_IORES_EMPTY)
(MessageStoreImpl.cpp:1343)

The queue (charges_async_response) was declared like this:

qpid-config add queue charges_async_response --durable --file-count 32
--file-size 2048 --max-queue-size 4194304 --limit-policy flow-to-disk

And the broker configuration (qpidd.conf) is this:

log-to-syslog=yes
log-to-stderr=no
daemon=yes
auth=no
worker-threads=64
# transport=tcp
pid-dir=/var/run/qpidd
data-dir=/var/lib/qpidd
store-dir=/var/lib/qpidd/store
num-jfiles=32
jfile-size-pgs=2048
wcache-page-size=1
tpl-num-jfiles=4
tpl-jfile-size-pgs=256
tpl-wcache-page-size=1
default-queue-limit=0
wait=600
port=5672

Does anyone know about this problem? I've searched the mailing lists
and google it and the only results I get it's the svn commits adding
it to the source.

Thanks,
Angel

--
http://blog.cuerty.com

"If you want to set off and go develop some grand new thing, you don't
need millions of dollars of capitalization. You need enough pizza and
Diet Coke to stick in your refrigerator, a cheap PC to work on and the
dedication to go through with it."
- John Carmack

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: jexception 0x0108 JournalImpl::loadMsgContent() threw JERR__UNEXPRESPONSE: Unexpected response to call or event. (read_data_record() returned RHM_IORES_EMPTY) (MessageStoreImpl.cpp:1343)

Posted by Angel Freire <cu...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 5:39 PM, Kim van der Riet <ki...@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-02-02 at 16:26 -0300, Angel Freire wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm getting the following error in my client applications:
>>
>> connection-forced: Queue charges_async_response: loadContent() failed:
>> jexception 0x0108 JournalImpl::loadMsgContent() threw
>> JERR__UNEXPRESPONSE: Unexpected response to call or event.
>> (read_data_record() returned RHM_IORES_EMPTY)
>> (MessageStoreImpl.cpp:1343)
>
> This looks like a possible bug, and it may be linked to some of the
> parameters you are using - you are using huge journal files and a tiny
> write cache. This looks a little as though the flow-to-disk is
> attempting to recover a record that has not been written or is pointing
> to an empty file.
>
> Do you have a (reasonably simple) reproducer? I tried to set up a
> similar queue, qpid-config itslef seems to complete without a problem.
> Can you also let us know which OS and which version of qpid you are
> using, and whether you built it yourself from svn or used binary
> packages.
>

>> The queue (charges_async_response) was declared like this:
>>
>> qpid-config add queue charges_async_response --durable --file-count 32
>> --file-size 2048 --max-queue-size 4194304 --limit-policy flow-to-disk
>>
>> And the broker configuration (qpidd.conf) is this:
>>
>> log-to-syslog=yes
>> log-to-stderr=no
>> daemon=yes
>> auth=no
>> worker-threads=64
>> # transport=tcp
>> pid-dir=/var/run/qpidd
>> data-dir=/var/lib/qpidd
>> store-dir=/var/lib/qpidd/store
>> num-jfiles=32
>> jfile-size-pgs=2048
>> wcache-page-size=1
>> tpl-num-jfiles=4
>> tpl-jfile-size-pgs=256
>> tpl-wcache-page-size=1
>> default-queue-limit=0
>> wait=600
>> port=5672
>>
>> Does anyone know about this problem? I've searched the mailing lists
>> and google it and the only results I get it's the svn commits adding
>> it to the source.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Angel
>>
> Thanks,
> Kim

> Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Kim,

I've build the source from the svn repository using the tags for the
0.6 version in both cases (the broker and the persistent plugin).

The OS is Linux 2.6.34 running Gentoo.

I'll try to make a reproducible version of this bugs and attach what's
needed here.

Thanks,
Angel

Posted by Kim van der Riet <ki...@redhat.com>.
On Wed, 2011-02-02 at 16:26 -0300, Angel Freire wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm getting the following error in my client applications:
>
> connection-forced: Queue charges_async_response: loadContent() failed:
> jexception 0x0108 JournalImpl::loadMsgContent() threw
> JERR__UNEXPRESPONSE: Unexpected response to call or event.
> (read_data_record() returned RHM_IORES_EMPTY)
> (MessageStoreImpl.cpp:1343)

This looks like a possible bug, and it may be linked to some of the
parameters you are using - you are using huge journal files and a tiny
write cache. This looks a little as though the flow-to-disk is
attempting to recover a record that has not been written or is pointing
to an empty file.

Do you have a (reasonably simple) reproducer? I tried to set up a
similar queue, qpid-config itslef seems to complete without a problem.
Can you also let us know which OS and which version of qpid you are
using, and whether you built it yourself from svn or used binary
packages.

> The queue (charges_async_response) was declared like this:
>
> qpid-config add queue charges_async_response --durable --file-count 32
> --file-size 2048 --max-queue-size 4194304 --limit-policy flow-to-disk
>
> And the broker configuration (qpidd.conf) is this:
>
> log-to-syslog=yes
> log-to-stderr=no
> daemon=yes
> auth=no
> worker-threads=64
> # transport=tcp
> pid-dir=/var/run/qpidd
> data-dir=/var/lib/qpidd
> store-dir=/var/lib/qpidd/store
> num-jfiles=32
> jfile-size-pgs=2048
> wcache-page-size=1
> tpl-num-jfiles=4
> tpl-jfile-size-pgs=256
> tpl-wcache-page-size=1
> default-queue-limit=0
> wait=600
> port=5672
>
> Does anyone know about this problem? I've searched the mailing lists
> and google it and the only results I get it's the svn commits adding
> it to the source.
>
> Thanks,
> Angel

Thanks,
Kim

Posted by Angel Freire <cu...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 4:26 PM, Angel Freire <cu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm getting the following error in my client applications:
>
> connection-forced: Queue charges_async_response: loadContent() failed:
> jexception 0x0108 JournalImpl::loadMsgContent() threw
> JERR__UNEXPRESPONSE: Unexpected response to call or event.
> (read_data_record() returned RHM_IORES_EMPTY)
> (MessageStoreImpl.cpp:1343)
>
> The queue (charges_async_response) was declared like this:
>
> qpid-config add queue charges_async_response --durable --file-count 32
> --file-size 2048 --max-queue-size 4194304 --limit-policy flow-to-disk
>
> And the broker configuration (qpidd.conf) is this:
>
> log-to-syslog=yes
> log-to-stderr=no
> daemon=yes
> auth=no
> worker-threads=64
> # transport=tcp
> pid-dir=/var/run/qpidd
> data-dir=/var/lib/qpidd
> store-dir=/var/lib/qpidd/store
> num-jfiles=32
> jfile-size-pgs=2048
> wcache-page-size=1
> tpl-num-jfiles=4
> tpl-jfile-size-pgs=256
> tpl-wcache-page-size=1
> default-queue-limit=0
> wait=600
> port=5672
>
> Does anyone know about this problem? I've searched the mailing lists
> and google it and the only results I get it's the svn commits adding
> it to the source.
>
> Thanks,
> Angel
>
> --
> http://blog.cuerty.com
>
> "If you want to set off and go develop some grand new thing, you don't
> need millions of dollars of capitalization. You need enough pizza and
> Diet Coke to stick in your refrigerator, a cheap PC to work on and the
> dedication to go through with it."
> - John Carmack

Could this be because wcache-page-size was set to 1? In a new install
I set that value two 2 and I haven't see any issues with it in 12
hours.