Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by John Armstrong <jr...@ccri.com> on 2012/07/19 15:29:42 UTC

Oozie action error reporting

Hi everybody.

I'm writing a status-reporting method in my webapp that has some of its
processing handled by Oozie on the back-end.  Basically, in such a case
my program polls Oozie about the particular job, then chops the response
down to the parts that would be useful to report.

When a java action dies due to an exception, the message in the
exception is reported in the action's descriptor.  It would be nice to
also have a stack trace, so I was wondering if that would be possible to
include.  Without it we can use the Hadoop JobTracker URL to look
through the logs by hand to find the exception, but reporting the full
exception in the Oozie status would speed up diagnosis.

Re: Oozie action error reporting

Posted by Mona Chitnis <ch...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Hello John,

This suggestion seems good and we will take a look into sufficiently
bubbling up the exception message to the java action error descriptor.

Mona Chitnis