Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Shiv <sh...@yahoo.com> on 2007/08/27 08:39:49 UTC

axis2 -- minimum jars required for client??

What are the minimum (must have) jars from axis2 (2.1.3) that are required in the classpath for a Java client program accessing wsdl generated by axis2? Do we need all the 60+ jar files in AXIS2_HOME/lib? The assumption here that the the client stubs are already generated (with wsdl2java) and packaged.

---------------------------------

Re: axis2 -- minimum jars required for client??

Posted by Scott Sauyet <li...@sauyet.com>.
Scott Sauyet wrote:
> I have the same question, and another similar one, which is what is the
> minimum set of jar files needed to run WSDL2Java for an XMLBeans
> binding.  Does anyone know how to find that list beyond just trial and
> error?

Answering my own question, with the caveat that your mileage may vary
significantly.  After a fair bit of trial and error, I found the
following JAR files necessary and sufficient calling WSDL2Java directly
with the options "-s" and "-d xmlbeans":

     axiom-api
     axis2-codegen
     axis2-kernel
     axis2-xmlbeans
     commons-logging
     neethi
     wsdl4j
     xbean
     XmlSchema

I use the same classpath for compiling the generated code.  To run test
code against it, I need only these:

     axis2-kernel
     xbean

Again, your mileage may vary.  And if you're not using XMLBeans, there
clearly would be changes to the lists.

   -- Scott

Re: axis2 -- minimum jars required for client??

Posted by Scott Sauyet <li...@sauyet.com>.
keith chapman wrote:
> On 8/27/07, *Shiv* <shivi@yahoo.com <ma...@yahoo.com>> wrote:
>> What are the minimum (must have) jars from axis2 (2.1.3) that are
>> required in the classpath for a Java client program accessing wsdl
>> generated by axis2? Do we need all the 60+ jar files in
>> AXIS2_HOME/lib? The assumption here that the the client stubs are
>> already generated (with wsdl2java) and packaged.
>
> This thread might help.
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ws-axis-user/200708.mbox/browser

I couldn't find the specific thread in there that you say would help.
The only one that seemed to match was

     http://tinyurl.com/2dql7h

But that one doesn't seem to have much in the way of a complete answer.

I have the same question, and another similar one, which is what is the
minimum set of jar files needed to run WSDL2Java for an XMLBeans
binding.  Does anyone know how to find that list beyond just trial and
error?

Thanks,

   -- Scott

Re: axis2 -- minimum jars required for client??

Posted by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com>.
This thread might help.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ws-axis-user/200708.mbox/browser

Thanks,