Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Oskar Jagodziński <os...@allegrogroup.com> on 2017/09/05 09:55:37 UTC

.deb packages of mesos releases

Hi all,

What is standard interval between release of mesos package and
'official' .deb build by Mesosphere? Mesos 1.1.3 was released 11 days
ago and there is no package at
https://open.mesosphere.com/downloads/mesos/ only rc-packages
https://open.mesosphere.com/downloads/mesos-rc/ are up to date.

--
Oskar Jagodziński, Allegro

Re: .deb packages of mesos releases

Posted by Tomek Janiszewski <ja...@gmail.com>.
That will be awesome. We have ARM Jenkins agent so we can prepare packages
for ARM too.

Posted by Tomek Janiszewski <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adam Cécile <ad...@hitec.lu>.
On 11/15/2017 12:18 AM, Kapil Arya wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 6:05 PM, Adam Cécile <adam.cecile@hitec.lu
> <ma...@hitec.lu>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     It's usually considered as being a bad practise to put the Debian
>     packaging itself into the upstream tree because it conflicts with
>     the "real" packaging if it gets uploaded to Debian.
>     But that's probably something we can figure out easily (maybe use
>     another folder name and add hacky step in CI renaming the folder
>     to Debian).
>

> I'm not sure if I understand this. I used to maintain a debian package
> that was uploaded to debian/ubuntu official repos and there we just
> kept a `debian` folder inside the source tree
> (https://github.com/dmtcp/dmtcp). With every upstream release, we
> updated the debian packaging to reflect an updated version, etc. and
> that seemed to work fine. However, that was a simpler package to
> maintain compared to Mesos, so I can imagine concerns around that :).
Quite unusual being upstream and Debian packager of one app, but yeah we
can do this anyway. It's way too early to think about this.

>     How would you do that ? Do you have workers running Debian/Ubuntu
>     ? It's quite easy to create the package for any target (including
>     foreign architectures, thanks to QEmu userland binary wrapper) but
>     I don't think it can be done from a RHEL-based worker.
>
> Yeah, the ASF CI has Ubuntu workers that should work. However, to
> ensure a sane environment, I would recommend using Debian/Ubuntu
> containers just like we do for the CentOS builds. That way we can
> test/run it locally to debug any issues and so on. Does that sound
> reasonable?
Yep using docker is fine.

Posted by Kapil Arya <ka...@mesosphere.io>.

Posted by Kapil Arya <ka...@mesosphere.io>.