Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Joe Pruitt <j....@f5.com> on 2001/11/07 18:26:20 UTC

xsd:unsignedLong

I'm having a problem getting xsd:unsignedLong types to deserialize.  The unsignedLong type is defined in the http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding <http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding>  namespace, but it doesn't seem that Apache SOAP 2.2 (up to the nightly builds) does not support this type.  Several other toolkits I'm using have support for this and was wondering if this is planned and/or how to get the current 2.2 release to work (without having to create custom typemappers for them).

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
        xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/ <http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/> "
        xmlns:SOAP-ENC="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/ <http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/> "
        xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance> "
        xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema> "
        SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/ <http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/> ">
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
<m:get_some_valueResponse
        xmlns:m="http://www.somuri.com <http://www.somuri.com> ">
<return
        xsi:type="xsd:unsignedLong">0</return>
</m:get_some_valueResponse>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

I get the following client exception thrown.

[SOAPException:
faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client;
msg=No Deserializer found to deserialize a
    'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:unsignedLong'
    using encoding style 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'.;
targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
    No Deserializer found to deserialize a
    'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:unsignedLong'
    using encoding style 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'.]

Any help would be appreciated.