Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Bryan Call <bc...@apache.org> on 2017/09/13 23:07:24 UTC

Positive conversations on the mailing list

Let's keep the discussions positive and productive on the mailing lists.  I understand that not all the features people want are in the releases.  It is open source and we are happy to have code contributions.  If you are not able to make code contributions because you are not a developer, please file an issue, but understand it might not be a priority of another person's employer to implement this feature.

We spend a lot of our time reviewing and approving new features even though we are not going to use them ourselves.  We do this make the Community stronger and healthier.

Thank you,

-Bryan

Re: Positive conversations on the mailing list

Posted by Reindl Harald <h....@thelounge.net>.

Am 14.09.2017 um 01:07 schrieb Bryan Call:
> Let's keep the discussions positive and productive on the mailing lists.  I understand that not all the features people want are in the releases.  It is open source and we are happy to have code contributions.  If you are not able to make code contributions because you are not a developer, please file an issue, but understand it might not be a priority of another person's employer to implement this feature.
>
> We spend a lot of our time reviewing and approving new features even though we are not going to use them ourselves.  We do this make the Community stronger and healthier.

"and we are happy to have code contributions"

and WHAT ABOUT somebody asking "hey, i would fix that issue you are
complaing half a decacde for the amount of US$"? - and YES we would have
paied a reaosnable amount of money as we did for other open source projects

the problem is NOT that people complaining are not willing to ivnest
something, the problem as in many other projects is that NOBODY gives a
damn, even not when you ask "anybody out there who could write the code,
what amount of money would be needed to get the problem solved"