Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com> on 1998/02/20 22:18:07 UTC

do 1.3b6?

with mod_rewrite not working and multiple UserDir directories not
working... perhaps we need 1.3b6?

Do we want to put patches up, or note bugs in the README.html in /dist?

Re: do 1.3b6?

Posted by Chuck Murcko <ch...@topsail.org>.
Marc Slemko wrote:

> with mod_rewrite not working and multiple UserDir directories not
> working... perhaps we need 1.3b6?
>
> Do we want to put patches up, or note bugs in the README.html in /dist?

The main server page still says 1.3b3. If patches are available soon
enough, pulling 1.3b5, putting up 1.3b6, and having patches available
for those who downloaded 1.3b5 would work.
--
chuck
Chuck Murcko

Re: do 1.3b6?

Posted by Randy Terbush <ra...@Covalent.NET>.
I'll need to put this in a debugger to give you a solid answer.
I chased this around the other day (HEAD) and found that requests
to none standard ports were logging garbage for the following
r->the_request pointer.

    if ((r->uri[0] != '/') && strcmp(r->uri, "*")) {
	aplog_error(APLOG_MARK, APLOG_NOERRNO|APLOG_ERR, r->server,
		    "Invalid URI in request %s", r->the_request);
	return BAD_REQUEST;
    }

Re: do 1.3b6?

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.

Re: do 1.3b6?

Posted by Randy Terbush <ra...@Covalent.NET>.

Re: do 1.3b6?

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.

On Fri, 20 Feb 1998, Marc Slemko wrote:

> Does UserDir work for anyone in the current 1.3 tree?

Yes, it works just fine for me.  www.arctic.org/~dgaudet/ for example,
that's code as of wednesday.  That's with a single UserDir however.

Dean

Re: do 1.3b6?

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.

On Fri, 20 Feb 1998, Marc Slemko wrote:

> Does UserDir work for anyone in the current 1.3 tree?
>
> For me, a UserDir with a single directory fails because:
>
>            if (filename && (!*userdirs || stat(filename, &statbuf) != -1)) {
>                r->filename = pstrcat(r->pool, filename, dname, NULL);
>            if (*userdirs)
>                r->finfo = statbuf;
>                return OK;
> 	   }
>
> will never do the stat() because *userdirs will always be null.

BTW, that code is intended to behave that way.  The last UserDir listed
isn't stat()d, it's just left in the filename and then dealt with by
directory_walk() and get_path_info().

Dean

Re: do 1.3b6?

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>.

Re: do 1.3b6?

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>.

Re: do 1.3b6?

Posted by Chuck Murcko <ch...@topsail.org>.
Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> At 02:25 PM 2/21/98 +0000, Rob Hartill wrote:
> >On Fri, 20 Feb 1998, Dean Gaudet wrote:
> >
> >> BTW, who other than me is running the latest code?
> >
> >I'm running today's on my home machine.
>
> The currenct CVS tree is running on apache.org too.

I've got today's here on FreeBSD, and Friday's on Solaris 2.6 at work.
If today's works on Solaris, I'll put it up under some real load there.

Re: do 1.3b6?

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>.
At 02:25 PM 2/21/98 +0000, Rob Hartill wrote:
>On Fri, 20 Feb 1998, Dean Gaudet wrote:
>
>> BTW, who other than me is running the latest code?
>
>I'm running today's on my home machine.

The currenct CVS tree is running on apache.org too.

	Brian

specialization is for insects				  brian@organic.com

Re: do 1.3b6?

Posted by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com>.

Re: do 1.3b6?

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.
BTW, who other than me is running the latest code?  It seems not many
people are.  Too bad we don't have a test suite.  Sameer, you said you
guys were planning on putting one together... is that still in progress?

Dean