Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Archana Turaga <ar...@intervoice.com> on 2004/02/11 01:50:24 UTC

Skinning portlets---help

Hi,
 I spent the whole day today experimenting with the layout of the portlets with respect to their color, backgroung etc.
What i found is i can edit the jetspeed-vm and jetspeed-tab.vm to edit the portlet border etc.

This is where my problem is:

1st question: I set the border from 0 to 6 for the table in jetspeed-vm...now all my portlets have a border (which is what i want) but has a dark gray color...i'm trying to figure out where this color is being specified...i guess one of the stylesheets..but i know i'm going to be digging around for sometime. I want to change the color of this border...how can i do this and what is the procedure involved?

2nd question(nothing to do with skinning): I'm editing the jetspeed velocity files directly...so in future there is a new jetspeed release i'll have to make sure that i do not lose the changes i made to jetspeed.vm....is there a way to avoid this problem?

If anyone knows the answer to any of these problems please help....

Thanks in advance for your time and patience,
Regards,
Archana

RE: Skinning portlets---help

Posted by "Suchisubhra Sinha (susinha)" <su...@cisco.com>.
Answer to your first question check  out skin.xreg  file in  conf
directory.
And for  2nd, you have to do a little. Keep  file aside and the copy  it
back.

~suchi