Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk> on 2004/03/02 15:17:48 UTC

FlowScript in 2.1.5-dev has gone tango uniform

Hi All

I just upgraded my copy of Cocoon to today's CVS version.

A (previously working) site that uses a lot of FlowScript has gone
completely TU.

I am getting a lot of this :

org.apache.cocoon.ResourceNotFoundException: Function
"javascript:album()" not found

Where it worked before the update.

But stranger still, while I was doing some testing, I got an error that
said that a script that was not even referred to by the current
pipeline, did not contain the function I was calling !!!!!!

Do what ?!?

Have there been some changes to the FlowScript infrastructure that
could result in the wrong FlowScript file being used under certain
circumstances?

I have several flowscripts, used independently by different
Sub-SiteMaps, that have the same function names. The first SiteMap I
invoke, works (does not matter which one) all subsequent invocations of
pipelines with similar (but different) FlowScripts fail.

Any ideas anyone?

regards Jeremy

Re: FlowScript in 2.1.5-dev has gone tango uniform

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.
On 2 Mar 2004, at 22:07, Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> Hi Jeremy:
>
> Are you updated your endorsed libs? Please don't get offended by the
> obvious question, but I thought this problem is related to this issue.
> Can
> you check this?

Which versions am I supposed to have?

I just did a CVS Update, surely any updates to the endorsed libs would
have arrived with that ?

regards Jeremy

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Hi Jeremy:

Are you updated your endorsed libs? Please don't get offended by the
obvious question, but I thought this problem is related to this issue. Can
you check this?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

Jeremy Quinn dijo:

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.
On 2 Mar 2004, at 21:59, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>

>> On 2 Mar 2004, at 18:42, Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>>
>>> To restate the basic problem :
>>>
>>> I have 2 URLs each served by a different sub-sitemap, each loading a
>>> different (single) flowscript. Each flowscript has some common
>>> function names, eg. index(). For debugging purposes, each function
>>> outputs it's name etc. to the flow log.
>>>
>>> load URL 1 : the correct script and function run fine
>>> load URL 2 : the same-named function in the flowscript file for URL
>>> 1 runs.
>>>

>> Some further info:
>>
>> Rolling back to Cocoon 2.1.4 Release, has fixed the problem.
>

> I made changes to flowscript after 2.1.4 to remove the dependency of
> flowscript on Environment (it now uses only the Redirector). This led
> to changing the key used to store global scopes in the session (see
> FOM_JavaScriptInterpreter.getSessionScope()), but I don't know how it
> can produce what you encounter.
>
> I'll give a look at this tomorrow.

Many thanks Sylvain.

It appears like the first FlowScript that gets used, is the only
FlowScript that gets used.

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> On 2 Mar 2004, at 18:42, Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>
>> To restate the basic problem :
>>
>> I have 2 URLs each served by a different sub-sitemap, each loading a
>> different (single) flowscript. Each flowscript has some common
>> function names, eg. index(). For debugging purposes, each function
>> outputs it's name etc. to the flow log.
>>
>> load URL 1 : the correct script and function run fine
>> load URL 2 : the same-named function in the flowscript file for URL 1
>> runs.
>>

> Some further info:
>
> Rolling back to Cocoon 2.1.4 Release, has fixed the problem.

I made changes to flowscript after 2.1.4 to remove the dependency of
flowscript on Environment (it now uses only the Redirector). This led to
changing the key used to store global scopes in the session (see
FOM_JavaScriptInterpreter.getSessionScope()), but I don't know how it
can produce what you encounter.

I'll give a look at this tomorrow.

Sylvain

Re: FlowScript in 2.1.5-dev has gone tango uniform

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.
On 2 Mar 2004, at 15:22, Christopher Oliver wrote:

> Can you try reverting the rhino jar to a previous version and see if
> that fixes the problem? I may have introduced a regression.

Many thanks for your reply.

I picked up :

	rhino1.5r4-continuations-20040218.jar
   and
	rhino1.5r4-continuations-20030906.jar

from CVS and one by one replaced rhino1.5r4-continuations-20040228.jar
with them, in build/webapps/WEB-INF/lib, it made no difference.

then I tried recompiling 2.1.5-dev with
rhino1.5r4-continuations-20030906.jar (in lib/core, and jar.xml). The
problem is still not fixed.

Posted by Christopher Oliver <re...@verizon.net>.
Can you try reverting the rhino jar to a previous version and see if
that fixes the problem? I may have introduced a regression.

Thanks,

Chris