Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Leif Hanack <le...@t-systems.com> on 2002/11/20 17:08:49 UTC

LevelMatchFilter

Hello,

i'm a bit confuse about using filters.
Using the LevelMatchFilter without the DenyAllFilter i receive
info and debug messages in my appender. After added the DenyAllFilter
the behaviour was like i expected. Only error Logs are append to my
Appender.

Is the normal? Or a bug? Or did i forgot s.th. importend?

        <filter class="org.apache.log4j.varia.LevelMatchFilter">
             <param name="LevelToMatch" value="ERROR"/>
             <param name="AcceptOnMatch" value="true" />
        </filter>
        <filter class="org.apache.log4j.varia.DenyAllFilter"/>

The LevelRangeFilter works as i except.

        <filter class="org.apache.log4j.varia.LevelRangeFilter">
             <param name="LevelMin" value="DEBUG"/>
             <param name="LevelMax" value="INFO"/>
        </filter>

The above will only log debug and info logs to another appender.

Thanks in advance, Leif