Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Val Lance, Jack - Contractor" <va...@forscom.army.mil> on 2003/04/24 14:14:00 UTC

Change levels

I'm new to the group and have just started using log4j.

Here is my question, in the log4j.properties file I have the following code:

# Set root to print only messages of priority WARN or higher.

log4j.rootCategory=WARN, stdout, R

# Set category to print messages of priority DEBUG or higher.

# Set 1 using Class package.

log4j.category.LogonAction=DEBUG, stdout, R

# Set 2 using path for package.

log4j.category.mil.army.forscom.tsamsweb.LogonAction=DEBUG, stdout, R

I tried setting the category two different ways an both only print at the
root level

I would like to be able to change the levels in each category.

Jack ValLance

PCCI

DSN 367-5670

E-Mail:  <ma...@forscom.army.mil> valancej@forscom.army.mil

COMMANDER FORSCOM

INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES DIVISION

1777 HARDEE AVENUE SW

FORT MCPHERSON GA  30330-1062