Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Kory Wheatley <wh...@gmail.com> on 2005/05/18 18:49:34 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 1.3 , Mod_ssl and need to add PHP

I have an Apache 1.33 Mod SSL Server setup as a DSO, and  I need to
add PHP  into the Apache configuration.. Currently I don't have
MOD_PHP as one of the shared libraries, do I need to download the
MOD_PHP and then load the module in the httpd.conf configuration to
setup php.

I need to know the steps I need to take, I hope I will not have to
recompile Apache, because will I than have to purchase another SSL
Certificate, because this is a production server.

--
Kory Wheatley

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 1.3 , Mod_ssl and need to add PHP

Posted by "Dan Mahoney, System Admin" <da...@prime.gushi.org>.
On Wed, 18 May 2005, Kory Wheatley wrote:

> What if PHP is already installed on our system and is configured and
> works with our non secure server.

Well, if your secure and non-secure server are built in different roots,
then apxs should take care of this for you.

Why are you running two different server processes?

> How would I implement PHP into our Secure Server than?
> Would I cd into php directory and run
>  ./configure --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs

IF THAT IS WHERE YOUR APACHE LIVES.

Yes, plus other options depending what features you wanted in php.

See: http://www.php.net/manual/en/configure.php

> We've had PHP install on our non secure DSO server for quite sometime,
> and then we recenly install a Secure Server as a DSO, but did add php
> module into it.
>
> Basically I'm looking to have PHP accessible on both servers, which we
> already have on one of them.

It's a relatively simple procedure.  configure, make, and make install.
The make install bit (and the others as well to a lesser degree) will call
apxs which will handle most things, although you may need to set up some
of the "addtype" lines in your httpd.conf so apache knows that .php files
are to be handled with the PHP module.  Reading the docs == good.

-Dan

--

"We are basically...'Bandwidth Pimps'...Hrmmm...But that's cool man!  You see these gold chains?  It's all good!"

-Ali Dhoon
03/03/2003, 7PM

Posted by "Dan Mahoney, System Admin" <da...@prime.gushi.org>.