Posted to users@maven.apache.org by David Hoffer <dh...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/03 16:48:26 UTC

maven-dependency-plugin:build-classpath bug

maven-dependency-plugin:build-classpath creates invalid property file
on Windows platform.

<plugin>
                <version>2.1</version>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <phase>generate-sources</phase>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>build-classpath</goal>
                        </goals>
                        <configuration>
                            <excludeTransitive>true</excludeTransitive>
                            <pathSeparator>;</pathSeparator>
                            <prefix>packages</prefix>
                            <outputFilterFile>true</outputFilterFile>

<outputFile>${project.build.directory}/classpath.properties</outputFile>
                        </configuration>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
            </plugin>

Will create something like classpath=packages\foo.jar instead of
classpath=packages\\foo.jar so it can't be read.  Is there a fix for
this?

-Dave

Re: maven-dependency-plugin:build-classpath bug

Posted by David Hoffer <dh...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, but not everything is Java on Windows.  You can't pass that to
the Windows API, for instance.  In my case I would be at the mercy how
InstallAnywhere deals with this.  If it just reads the file verbatim
and passes it on to Windows it isn't going to work.

-Dave

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.