Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net> on 2002/06/17 19:40:30 UTC

AJP vs WARP Connector

What is the difference between these two?  Why do they both exist?  I was looking over the docs, and the only reason I see for having both of them is that one does load-balancing.  Is this what's going on?  Is one deprecated?  I'm not trying to be 'pointed' - just to figure out when it would be appropriate to use either connection.

Right now I am using the WARP connection fairly successfully, but thought perhaps the AJP connect was the 'latest and best' thing.

Thanks!

Eddie

RE: AJP vs WARP Connector

Posted by "Sexton, George" <gs...@mhsoftware.com>.
I have had some problems with both connectors.

On AJP13, I have an unresolved problem with the ACCEPT_LANGUAGE not
translating into correct Locales when retrieved via request.getLocale().

On WebApp, servlet mapping is broken if the mapped request has a .HTML
extension. It doesn't pass the request to Tomcat, but leaves it at Apache.

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
Voice: 303 438 9585
http://www.mhsoftware.com