Posted to dev@avro.apache.org by "Driesprong, Fokko" <fo...@driesprong.frl> on 2019/04/26 09:53:30 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Avro 1.9.0 RC1

Hi everyone,

Since the last release of Apache Avro 1.8.2 on May 31, 2017. Two years
later,
I'm thrilled to propose the following RC to be released as official Apache
Avro 1.9.0 release.

The commit id is 4607730012293fe1e58957760e8f7b5474abd408
* This corresponds to the tag: release-1.9.0-rc1
* https://github.com/apache/avro/releases/tag/release-1.9.0-rc1

The release tarball, signature, and checksums are here:
* https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/avro/avro-1.9.0-rc1/

You can find the KEYS file here:
* https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/avro/KEYS

Binary artifacts for Java are staged in Nexus here:
*
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/avro/avro/1.9.0/

This release includes 270 Jira issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/AVRO/versions/12333394
* Deprecate Joda-Time in favor of Java8 JSR310 and setting it as default
* Remove support for Hadoop 1.x
* Move from Jackson 1.x to 2.9
* Add ZStandard Codec
* Lots of updates on the dependencies to fix CVE's
* and many, many more!

Please download, verify, and test. This vote will remain open for at least
72 hours. Given sufficient votes, I would like to close it on or about
midnight
on Monday, 29 April 2019.

[ ] +1 Release this as Apache Avro 1.9.0
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 Do not release this because...

Consider this a +1 (non-binding) from my side:
* Compiled the new version of Parquet against the Divolte collector and
Apache Parquet

Cheers, Fokko Driesprong

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Avro 1.9.0 RC1

Posted by Tim Perkins <tj...@cantab.net>.
-1
I found a minor issue for Ruby (patch submitted):

Posted by "Driesprong, Fokko" <fo...@driesprong.frl>.
Ok, I'm canceling the vote for now. Thank you all for testing, and Brian
for uploading it to NuGet.

I'll incorporate the patches from Tim Perkins and Raman Gupta. I'll send
out RC2 soon.

Cheers, Fokko Driesprong

Posted by Brian Lachniet <bl...@gmail.com>.
+1