Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Bryan Jeffrey <br...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/02 03:19:42 UTC

Error w/ Invertable ReduceByKeyAndWindow

Hello.

I have a reduceByKeyAndWindow function with an invertable function and
filter function defined.  I am seeing an error as follows:

"Neither previous window has value for key, nor new values found. Are you
sure your key classhashes consistently?"

We're using case classes, and so I am sure we're doing consistent hashing.
The 'reduceAdd' function is adding to a map. The 'inverseReduceFunction' is
subtracting from the map. The filter function is removing items where the
number of entries in the map is zero.  Has anyone seen this error before?

Regards,

Bryan Jeffrey

Re: Error w/ Invertable ReduceByKeyAndWindow

Posted by Bryan Jeffrey <br...@gmail.com>.
Excuse me - I should have mentioned: I am running Spark 1.4.1, Scala 2.11.
I am running in streaming mode receiving data from Kafka.

Regards,

Bryan Jeffrey