Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com> on 2017/10/24 15:19:48 UTC

Java 9 support

Igniters,

I created umbrella ticket for Java 9 [1]. All known issues are aggregated
there. I propose to start working on it ASAP, so that we have Java 9
support by 2.4 release.

Most issues are rather minor. They are located in places where performance
is not so important, so we can fix them with help of reflection. But
several tickets are complex enough:
1) ATOMIC cache and Unsafe.monitorEnter/Exit [2]
2) BASE64Encoder usages - no out-of-the fox solution for Java 7 [3].
Probably we will rely on reflection for Java 7
3) Need to improve TeamCity infrastructure, so that we can test both Java
versions [4].

Anyway, nothing really complex or impossible.

Vladimir.

Re: Java 9 support

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Vladimir,

Thanks for performing the analysis! Yes, we should definitely roll out Java 9 support by the end of this year.

—
Denis