Posted to users@asterixdb.apache.org by "Gharibi, Gharib (UMKC-Student)" <gg...@mail.umkc.edu> on 2017/04/09 23:49:23 UTC

ASterixDB on Windows

Hi,
I would like to use AsterixDB as a case study on a project that I am currently working on (within ArchStudio). Therefore, I am wondering if there is a way to run AsterixDB on windows. I have found a link (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ASTERIXDB-989) in which it explains how to download AsterixDB on windows, but I could not find any repository for that code. Is there any way I can have access to that code base? Or find a way, without using YARN, to run AsterixDB on Windows?

Thank you so much in advance,
Gharib Gharibi

Fwd: Re: ASterixDB on Windows

Posted by Michael Carey <mj...@ics.uci.edu>.
I wonder if we need to somehow steer users to one of the available
packages - right now I'm not sure a user would know which one to pick /
why?  (E.g., should we make the NCService one special by adding "
(recommended)" after it?

Posted by "Gharibi, Gharib (UMKC-Student)" <gg...@mail.umkc.edu>.
Thank you so much! I will give it a try.

Gharib Gharibi
President, Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society,
International Student Ambassador (ISAO),
School of Computing and Engineering,
+1 (816) 739-7164

Re: ASterixDB on Windows

Posted by Ian Maxon <im...@uci.edu>.