Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com> on 1997/11/24 21:15:10 UTC

crypt for win32

  get    1.09 MB  ftp://ftp.activeware.com/Perl-Win32/perl5.001m/CurrentBuild/110-src.zip

The above contains a version of crypt() that is used in Perl under
win32.  It is under the Artistic License; it isn't entirely clear
to me if such things can be included in Apache.  If not, I would guess
we could get the author to give us permission to redistribute under
the Apache license.

The only question is can we include it without running into export
restrictions from facist governments?  To maintain standard compat.,
we have to use DES.  If we decide we can do that, I think this
is a good one to try to use.

If we can't, then we have to abandon all hope of compatibility,
and use something like MD5.  ...which we could steal from FreeBSD, except
I don't like the BSD license.

Re: crypt for win32

Posted by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk>.
Marc Slemko wrote:
> If we can't, then we have to abandon all hope of compatibility,
> and use something like MD5.  ...which we could steal from FreeBSD, except
> I don't like the BSD license.

We already have MD5...

Cheers,

Ben.