Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Oscar Herrera <oh...@studiocom.com> on 2006/08/14 16:38:25 UTC

Question about the ConnectFuture class

Hi.

I'm using MINA for a multi-server environment where each server must
have connections to the others to process asynchronous requests. I'm
currently using the ConnectFuture class to make servers connect between
them but something is making my servers to crash with an out of memory
exception when making load testing and getting around 300 users. I was
wondering if the problem might be caused by the use of this class since
this could be using only one connection to process all requests among
each server pair creating then like a big outgoing message queue on each
server since the origin and the host are always the same.

Do you think this might be my problem?, is there any other class I could
use to make connections between servers?

I'll appreciate any help on this subject,

Thank you,

Oscar Herrera

Studiocom Inc.

www.studiocom.com <http://www.studiocom.com/>

Re: Question about the ConnectFuture class

Posted by peter royal <pr...@apache.org>.
On Aug 14, 2006, at 10:38 AM, Oscar Herrera wrote:
> Do you think this might be my problem?, is there any other class I
> could
> use to make connections between servers?

I doubt that is your problem.. With OOM situations, it is best to get
empirical evidence. I have used http://yourkit.com/ to great success
in troubleshooting such problems.
-pete