Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jeffrey Bonevich <je...@bonevich.com> on 2003/11/20 01:12:41 UTC

Variable substitution in xdocs

I want to refer to pom specific values in my navigation.xml file (i.e.
current version, etc.).  Can I do variable substitution in xdoc plugin?
  Since it is velocity based I assume so, but I can find no
documentation that tells me what variables I can refer to.  ${pom} and
${reactorProject} do not seem to be among them.  I have seen one example
that used a velocity forEach loop and refers to the variable
$reactorProjects.  This was in the context of a multi-project; involved
setting an attribute on maven:reactor (postprocessing=true).  I suspect
maybe I can break in here with maven.xml and add my own variables to
reference in my xdocs, but thought I would ask before rolling my own.

What ever anyone can feed me, I will be happy to compile and put on the
wiki.

jeff

Re: Variable substitution in xdocs

Posted by Jeffrey Bonevich <je...@bonevich.com>.
dIon -

This works very nicely for the toplevel project (the one from which you
run multiproject) but appears to have no impact on subprojects - cannot
get at anything in those apparently.  What I am trying to do is:

* iterate over all the projects at the top level (which can be done as
in navigation-aggregate.xml)
* get at individual pom properties at the subproject level (so I want a
link to the current version of jar file for each subproject w/o having
to hard-code the version in navigation.xml) (this apparently cannot be done)

jeff

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.

Posted by Jeffrey Bonevich <je...@bonevich.com>.