Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Prafulla <pr...@yahoo.com> on 2013/08/11 23:53:11 UTC

What areas I can contribute in?

Hi ,

I am Prafulla and I have few years of experience working in query processing team of columnar database.
I would like to contribute to drill development and thereby learn more about distributed query execution or distributed systems in general.
Can someone tell me where I can start from?

--
Thanks
Prafulla

Re: What areas I can contribute in?

Posted by Michael Hausenblas <mi...@gmail.com>.
> I missed the hangout. Is there some place where I see the recorded one?

I wasn't able to join today as well but when I do I take notes at:

http://j.mp/apache-drill-hangouts

Seems no one else has been doing it, though. Would be cool if we have a volunteer scribe (at least when I'm not around ;)

Cheers,
		Michael

--
Michael Hausenblas
Ireland, Europe

Posted by Diganta Sarkar <di...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Michael Hausenblas <mi...@gmail.com>.
Welcome aboard!

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org>.
Welcome!

I might suggest you start by helping out Sree with DRILL-47. Given your
experience with query processing,  that might be a good place to start to
understand Drill's internals and chase a query through the entire engine.
You are also welcome to join the Tuesday morning hangouts to meet people.