Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Schweer, Christian" <Ch...@sdm.de> on 2002/02/14 16:05:00 UTC

IllegalAccessException: Object is not a Component

Hi folks,

is tried to write my own transformer but I always get the following
exception:

java.lang.IllegalAccessException: Object mcp.prototyp.cocoon.MCPLog is not a
Component
	at
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.AbstractSitemap.load_component(AbstractSitemap.jav
a:222)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.www.mount.MCP.Start.Route.sitemap_xmap$Configurer.configTr
ansformers(sitemap_xmap.java:285)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.www.mount.MCP.Start.Route.sitemap_xmap.configure(sitemap_x
map.java:167)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentFactory.newInstance(Un
known Source)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ThreadSafeComponentHandler.initialize(
Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.GeneratorSelector.addGenerat
or(GeneratorSelector.java:135)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.addComp
iledComponent(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:345)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.generat
eResource(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:323)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.createR
esource(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:271)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.load(Pr
ogramGeneratorImpl.java:188)
	at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.run(Handler.java:208)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Want I did (so long):

- I took the original LogTransformer and replaced the classname with MCPLog,
changed the package, added import-statement for
org...cocoon.transformation.*; nothing else -> compiled without errors,
should be the same functionality
- I have the directory containing the directory "mcp" in my classpath
- I have defined
   <map:transformer name="myLog" src="mcp.prototyp.cocoon.MCPLog"/>
  in my sitemap (but not used it in any pipeline)

according to the hints I found in the mail-archive of this list
- I added the path to the init-param "extra-classpath" and changed the
init-param "init-classloader" to "true" (both in web.xml)
- tried to put the class into org.apache.cocoon.transformation

But I still have the error. I have the assumption, that I have a path error
or did something wrong with the avalon-component configuration, did i?

I'm rather puzzled. Any suggestion appreciated!!

Thx in adv,
Christian

--
Christian Schweer		mailto:Christian.Schweer@sdm.de