Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Sam Carleton <sc...@miltonstreet.com> on 2009/04/26 02:00:47 UTC

recover a deleted branch

I deleted a brank, v1.1.  How do I get it back?

When I look at the history in TortoiseSVN, there was a change in r564, than
it was deleted in r580.  I tried this but it did not work:

C:\>svn copy -r 564 https://<domain>/repos/<root>/branches/v1.1 https://
<domain>/repos/<root>/branches

svn: '/repos/<root>/!svn/bc/581/branches/v1.1' path not found

Re: recover a deleted branch

Posted by Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com>.
Sam Carleton wrote:
> I deleted a brank, v1.1.  How do I get it back?
>
> When I look at the history in TortoiseSVN, there was a change in r564,
> than it was deleted in r580.  I tried this but it did not work:
>
> C:\>svn copy -r 564 https://<domain>/repos/<root>/branches/v1.1
> https://<domain>/repos/<root>/branches
>
> svn: '/repos/<root>/!svn/bc/581/branches/v1.1' path not found

Try

$ svn copy https://<domain>/repos/<root>/branches/v1.1@564
https://<domain>/repos/<root>/branches

Regards,
Blair

--
Blair Zajac, Ph.D.
CTO, OrcaWare Technologies

Re: recover a deleted branch

Posted by steveking <st...@gmx.ch>.
Sam Carleton wrote:
> I deleted a brank, v1.1.  How do I get it back?
>
> When I look at the history in TortoiseSVN, there was a change in r564,
> than it was deleted in r580.  I tried this but it did not work:
>
> C:\>svn copy -r 564 https://<domain>/repos/<root>/branches/v1.1
> https://<domain>/repos/<root>/branches
>
> svn: '/repos/<root>/!svn/bc/581/branches/v1.1' path not found

Open the repository browser from the log dialog by right-clicking on
r579 (the rev before the branch was deleted).
Then browse to that still existing branch in the repo browser,
right-click on it and select "copy to". If you want the deleted branch
to get back with the same url as before, just leave the pre-filled url
in and hit OK.

Stefan