Posted to users@flex.apache.org by mo...@comcast.net on 2013/10/31 18:37:23 UTC

Safari browser never caches my Flex application, other browsers do

Just went live with my first app, and I noticed whenever I click on the web link to open my app, Safari always downloads the swf file. Safari never pulls the swf file from cache after the first click.

I went to other sites on the web, and their flex apps do get cached correctly in Safari.

However, my app DOES cache correctly for all the other browsers (Firefox, Chrome, IE).

Anyone see this before or know how to correct it?

Note that (1) I don't have Private browsing enabled, (2) I verified in Safari's dev tools that cache is enabled, (3) my .htaccess file uses expires headers that request html files to always download (e.g. ExpiresByType text/html "access plus 0 seconds"), although changing this from 0 seconds to 1 month had no effect.

Re: Safari browser never caches my Flex application, other browsers do

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
This is not my area at all, but did you see this?
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/174348/will-web-browsers-cache-content-o
ver-https

Or maybe Safari has some setting that controls that.

-Alex

Posted by mo...@comcast.net.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thiago Maia <a0...@a00s.com>.